Friday, October 15, 2010

[FF] Chemistry - Chapter 1

 
CHEMISTRY


Author : nur
Title : Chemistry
Characters : May, Chansung, Junho, Yoona
Genre : sweet, romantic
Summary : this is a story about a girl who hates chemistry. somehow one day, chemistry managed to change her whole life. it brings good luck to her. wanna know more? do read it ^^


It was mid September and everyone is busy studying for their final exams. May is one of the intelligent girl in school. She recently got the highest marks for Physics and Mathematics, but somehow chemistry wasn’t one of her favorites. One day her chemistry teacher called her to meet him in the office after class. He wanted to discuss about May’s performance for the previous tests. May just nod and went back to her seat.
                     
“RINGG~!” it was the lunch bell and everyone is out for recess. As promised, May helped Mr. KimGook carry the report files to his office. It was so heavy but Mr. KimGook just let her carry it all alone.

‘oh my, why am I been tortured this bad? Is it because I hate Chemistry? Urgh !’

They finally arrived at Mr. KimGook’s office. After putting the files on his desk, Mr. KimGook asked May to have a seat.

“please have a seat May,”

“thank you sunsaengnim,”

“May, lately I have been observing your performance for your overall tests papers and I’m quite surprised to find out that Chemistry was one of the worst. Could you explain to me why ?”

“Mhmm, I don’t know sir. I guess Chemistry is just not for me. I couldn’t understand it. Even the basic terms. Atoms, bonds, sodium and all that. It is just too complicated,”

“Complicated? I think you need to change the way you study chemistry May. Chemistry is a fun subject. Please set that in your mind, probably it will help you to change your perspective on Chemistry,”

“Sure, will do sir,”

Suddenly May saw a thick colorful Chemistry Book. it was written ‘We Need Chemistry to Love’ on the cover. She couldn’t get er eyes of it. It looks like a big coloring book. Mr. KimGook saw May starring at the book and he immediately take the book and hand it to May.

“Here you go, use this book as a guide for you understand what chemistry is. I believe it will help you a lot,”

With a blur face, May take the book and bow to Mr. KimGook for handing her the book.

As she walked out of Mr. KimGook’s office she knew that this is her first step to start falling in love with chemistry. She walked and smiled all the way home.



AT HOME

“Omma, omma, look ! I got a new book!”

“We Need Chemistry to Love? What kind of a book is that?”

“it’s not what you think omma. It’s a chemistry guide book. you know I hate chemistry right? I think and I hope this book will help me to understand Chemistry better. hehe,”

“mhmmm, where did you get that book?”

“Mr. KimGook gave me. He said I could borrow it till end of the year. Isn’t it great omma?”

“how nice of your teacher. Is he good in chemistry?” *giggles*

“of course omma, if not why would he be teaching chemistry in school. Hahaha. Why do you ask?” trying to figure out her omma thoughts.

“Nothing, just want to know. Is he good looking?”

“OMMA ?! Why do you want to know? Have you fallen for Mr. Kim? HEHE”

“noooooooo, I was just asking. Hey, it’s almost 7pm, go and have your shower little girl,”

May couldn’t stop giggling to what just happened between her mother and her. Mom with Mr. Kim? Is this a miracle or a disaster? Without saying anything May walk her self to the bathroom. Since she is the only child, her mom always needs her. May’s mother have been a single mother for 5years. She never ask May about men since her dad died, but today she seems a bit different? Does omma even know Mr. Kim? I gotta find out about this.

As soon as she got out of the shower they had dinner together. May ate quickly. She wanted to start studying her new chemistry book. she asked permission from omma to go for study right after dinner. Omma agrees and let her.

May flip the first page and saw a signature and a small note. It was written ,

Dear Mr. Kim,
Thank you for letting me borrow your book. as a token of my appreciation, here is a book called ‘we need Chemistry to love’ I hope you know the meaning of why I give you this book.
Thanks again.

Sincerely,
MOGOBOY

Who is this MOGOBOY? What a weird name. I bet he likes to eat a lot. Should I ask Mr. Kim about this? Mhmmm, probably next time when I want to return this book back to him.

May continued studying the first chapter which is Introduction to Chemistry. With the help of colored pages, may started to understand some terms and formulas of the periodic table which seems to be her major problem in Chemistry.

Without realizing, May slept with her face on the desk when she was studying.

IN THE MORNING

“wake up May, Wake up. It’s time for school. I’ll wait you in the car. You’re late already. Quick quick!”

Omma wouldn’t stop nagging until I get up off bed. Wait a minute, off bed? When did I move my self on the bed? It has to be omma. She must’ve moved me last night.

“I love you omma !”

“yeah yeah, I know that. Now quick and go to shower. I’ll be in the car,”

A fast and furious shower, I managed to get ready within 6minutes. Grabbed my panda patterned bottle and straight running to my family car. It’s a Kia Carnival. Big enough to bring another 5-6 people. But there were only my omma and I.

It was 8AM

I was never this late. What happened to me today? And OH NO, I have to face those stuck up prefects. I never get caught for anything at school. This is my first time and I do not like it.

First in line was yoona, the strictest prefect ever. She never smiles at girls especially if that someone is in trouble like me right now.

“give me your nametag,”

“It’s on my shirt; you can look it from here,”

“I said I want your tag, not your shirt,”

“I don’t have a pinned nametag. Sorry but I really don’t have one,”

“WHAT? I’m going to report about this to the discipline teacher. Get ready to be in detention,”

“HUH? What mistake have I done? If it’s just about the tag, I’ll buy one later,”

Someone came from behind Yoona, it was Chansung. The head prefect of the school. Yoona had a crush on him. Everyone knows it including Chansung himself, but he never retaliate yoona.

“hey, whats all the fuss?”

“this girl…….”

“my name is May,”

“oh yea, MAY ! she haven’t buy the pinned nametag. So I want to report about this to the discipline teacher,”
“mhmm, is this the 3rd warning ?”

“errrrr, no. it’s her first time. But she still had done something wrong.”

“okay, if that’s the case I want you to let her go. No need to report anything. You can go to class now……. Aaaa what was your name again?”

Chansung peaked on May’s nametag.

“oh yea, may. Sorry. You can go back to class now,”

“kamsahamnida,” May bowed and turn to leave.

“hey, wait up. Which class are you in?”

“4 Science 1,”

“oh okay, komawoyo,”

They both bowed and may turn and leave.

he didn’t use honorific terms with me. What was that all about? I never talked to him before. Please don’t let yoona get jealous or I’ll be in hell for the rest of my life,’

It was Physics class and they did experiment on inertia. It was fun. May was the first to submit the reports. Mrs. Young was satisfied with her reports and let May go out early for lunch.

May was on her way to the toilet and suddenly ‘OUCH!’

It was yoona, May accidentally stepped on her foot. ‘Why was I so clumsy? Okay, this is not good.’

“hey, are you blind or what? Can’t you see me walking here?”

“I’m sorry yoona, I didn’t see you coming out from the toilet,”

“don’t you think that Chansung let you go this morning you can do whatever you want. I’ll make sure you’ll get caught one day,”

“get caught? For what? Look yoona, I’m sorry I stepped on your foot, I really didn’t mean it. I’m sorry,”

Yoona raise her hand to smack May on the face. May closed her eyes with her hands (please don’t hit me, I’m sorry) may waited but nothing hit her. It was Chansung, he saw what happened and quickly stopped yoona’s hand from reaching May’s face.

“what are you doing yoona? You know you could’ve get expelled for doing this to other students,”

“no no, it wasn’t me. She stepped on my foot. I just want to give her a lesson,”

“I don’t care, I saw everything. Now I want you to go before I lose my temper,”

Yoona walked pass me with a sharp glance. I know that is her 2nd warning. Why do you have to come to the rescue Chansung. I don’t know either I should be happy or sad that you’re here to rescue me.

With a face full of embarrassment, May turned herself away from Chansung and walk to the cafeteria. Chansung wanted to call May but his voice just couldn’t come out.

AT THE CAFETARIA

“annyeong Maymay !” shouted Junho. Junho is May’s best friend since kindergarten. They were childhood friends.

“oh Annyeong Junnie !”

“What are you having for lunch?”

“I don’t know yet,”

“wait wait, let me get it for you. You just go and find seats ya,”

“okay Junnie,”

May went to find seats for them both. Then she found 2 seats right beside the window. Junho came with a tray. But there were only 2 bottles of orange juice.

“junnie, why is there only 2 orange juice, I’m hungry,” making her sad face.

Junho put his fingers on May’s lips to ask her to stop whining. Then he brings out a lunchbox. Junho brought Kimbap (a Korean version of sushi, it is 5/8 times bigger than a sushi) for them both. It has crabsticks and radish with no carrots. Just the way May likes it.

“here you go, your favourite,”

“OMO Junnie ! did you made this on your own?”

“of course, who do you think knows your fave more than I do? Kekekke~”

“HAHA, stop praising yourself mister. But anyways thank you for this. Can I bring some home for omma? I bet she misses your cookings,”

“Really? Mhmm no need to. You just finish all this. I’ll make some later for omma. I’ll come to your hose this evening okay?”

“sure sure, I bet omma miss you too,”

“of course she does, I’m cute and kind. Kekekekke~”

“you’re not cute Junnie, you’re cheeky. Kekekekeke~”
They laugh and play jokes. It was a fun lunch. Thanks to Junho, May managed to forget about yoona for a while. They promised to go back from school together. Junho wanted to buy ingredients for the Kimbap that he wanted to make for Omma.

“okay, I’ll see you after school then. Annyeong Junnie!”

“Annyeong Maymay,”


TO BE CONTINUED........

1 comment: